AOL Mail Not Working on iPhone
AOL Mail app is a popular web-based email service offering such an interface that allows the user to stay connected to their peers through a quick emailing feature. The AOL app server is as fast as any messenger application through which you can send and receive emails very easily. However, several users of the AOL app have been facing several issues during the use of the application on some devices such as the iPhone. Most of the users complain that AOL Mail not working on iPhone. If you are looking for the answer of why my AOL email is not working on my iPhone with its solution then check out the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article.
Troubleshooting Tricks for AOL Mail Not Working on iPhone
Before going ahead to the troubleshooting tricks for AOL Mail not working on iPhone, you firstly need to check whether there is an issue with the main server of the app or from the internal of the device. If there is issue with server then you have to wait for some time as the organization will fix this issue otherwise go through the below steps to resolve the issue:
Step 1: Turn on or off the Airplane Mode
There is the possibility that your internet is not working properly on your iPhone due to which you can’t add your AOL mail to your iPhone or are not able to send or receive the emails from your AOL account. By using the Airplane mode feature, you can resolve this issue very easily. Here are the steps to use the Airplane mode feature:
- Firstly, go to the settings of your iPhone.
- After that, click on the Airplane option.
- Next, touch the slider to switch on the Airplane mode and then disable this option.
- Thereafter, open the AOL mail account and see whether the issue is resolved or not.
Step 2: Restart your iPhone or iOS Device
Try to restart your iOS device as sometimes simply restarting your system will automatically resolve all the minor issues with your device. To restart your iPhone device, you need to long-press the power key located on the side button. If you have a new device then you need to press the side and the volume down key simultaneously. You will see that the power slider would display on the screen. You just need to swipe the power slider to switch off your device. Thereafter, you need to wait for some time and then press the power button to restart your device.
Step 3: Check the Server
There is a possibility that there is any issue at the AOL end due to which AOL Mail app is not working on the iPhone. Use the side named downdetector.com to check whether there is any issue with the AOL app or not. You need to wait for some time until the issues get identified and resolved on their own.
Step 4: Reset the Network Settings
Another method to resolve the AOL Mail not working on iPhone is by resettings the network settings. Follow the below steps to reset the network settings:
- Firstly, go to the iPhone settings.
- After that, click on the General settings.
- Tap on the Reset option.
- Thereafter, you need to choose the network reset option. It will reset the network settings on your iPhone.
- At last, you can re-connect your iPhone to the appropriate network and check whether the AOL mail not working on the iPhone get resolved or not.
Step 5: Remove and Re-add the AOL Mail Account
In case, AOL Mail not working on iPhone and you are unable to determine the reason behind this issue. In that case, you just need to remove the AOL account and then re-add the AOL mail account to your iPhone. Here are the steps to resolve the issue:
- The first step is to go to the settings and then click on the Account and Password.
- Choose the AOL account option which you want to remove.
- Now, you will see that the AOL account will display on a new page.
- Tap on the “Delete Account” option. It will remove the AOL account from the iPhone.
- To re-add the AOL account, you again need to go to the Account and password and then click on the settings.
- Next, click on the “Add Account” option and choose the AOL from the displayed list.
- Once the sign-in page displays on the screen, enter the email address and password for your AOL account to log in to AOL mail account.
Step 6: Set up two-step verification of AOL Mail
If you enable the two-step verification of AOL mail on iPhone then it may be the reason due to AOL Mail not working on iPhone. Follow the below steps to resolve the steps:
- Go to the Account security webpage of the AOL mail on your device.
- Tap on the Manage options and ensure that the two-step verification process is switched on.
- Click on the “Connect apps” option and then choose the iOS mail application and then choose your iOS device.
- Next, tap on the “Generate app password” option to get the unique password.
- Copy the generated password and access the AOL mail account through iPhone settings.
- At last, paste the password that you have copied to the password field.
- Click on the Save button to apply the changes made by you.